Account Manager (Music)
Thinking Loud’s PR & Experiential work gives young Australians access to ground-breaking artists, culturally intelligent content and curated brand experiences.
Clients include a roster of local and international artists featuring the likes of Sampa The Great, Genesis Owusu, Jorja Smith, Cub Sport, Ruel, Hiatus Kaiyote, Flight Facilities, Hayden James, Royel Otis, AJ Tracey, Kaiit and more. The Thinking Loud Music Team leads on Comms & PR for Splendour in the Grass Festival, Phoenix Central Park, Spilt Milk & Lost Paradise Festivals, as well as integrated work for SXSW Sydney, Absolut x Mardi Gras, TikTok and Young Henrys.
The Account Manager is responsible for providing elite project management for key PR projects along with leading our team of PR Account Coordinators to deliver outstanding results for our clients.
- Oversee the requests of PR agency clients, covering independent artists, record label, events / entertainment and consumer brand accounts
- Working with cross-functional, in-house teams and contract staff to plan and implement innovative, creative PR campaigns in line with set KPIs
- Manage & lead WIP meetings (client and internal)
- Responsible for end to end management of key PR projects and retained client accounts to ensure projects are delivered successfully on time and on budget
- Contribute to playlist and editorial outcomes at Triple J, as well as oversee juniors working on community radio
- Work collaboratively with top tier media to deliver considered editorial output across music, mainstream, lifestyle, pop culture and fashion publishers
- Write press releases and form pitches
- Provide support at relevant agency events, including out of hours and weekend activities, when requested
- Supervising and advising junior staff members and interns within your team
- Ensuring all client reports are delivered accurately and on time in collaboration with Account Coordinators
- Work with MD / CD to build and maintain strong music industry ties and ensure the client roster retains a level of quality control
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Thinking Loud’s values as a business
Skills & requirements:
- 3+ years PR, label or agency experience
- Proven experience managing client relationships and developing quality communication strategies
- Experience delivering in a fast-paced environment displaying logical thinking, forward planning and the ability to identify, flag and solve problems
- Passion for music, PR and emerging technologies as well as an active interest in what’s happening in culture
- Exceptional coordination, administration, and communication skills