Audience Strategy and Email Operations Manager
Warner Music Australia is a proud record label who understands that every artist and label partner is as unique as every music fan. We are a fearless, creative team of obsessive music fans who believe in each other and are committed to excellence for the international artists we care and work for locally and our beautiful, diverse and talented local roster that we call family.
We ensure that we are always adding value as a label and every day we work with this in mind. Our team brings creativity, compassion, experience, passion and a global network. We take care in delivering.
With our broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Our Sydney office is situated on the land which traditionally the Gadigal people of the Eora nation were custodians of, and our Melbourne office operates on Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung country.
Music is a force for good in the world, and the music industry is made up of artists, songwriters, and people from every background. We aspire to lead the way in opportunities for all.
Job Title: Audience Strategy and Email Operations Manager
A little bit about our team:
Audience Strategy & Email is part of the Data & Insights and wider Commercial team, where we aim to grow, analyse, engage with and ultimately build artist careers off the base of core fan groups and through interpreting the data that we receive in return. With the major streaming platforms operating in between artists, labels and their fans, being able to curate and communicate with fans directly is hugely important for us to develop acts, understand the market and create authentic connections. Working alongside the insights, streaming partnerships, brand & sync and digital media teams, the Warner Music Australia Commercial team is at the heart of artist & audience development.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking an individual who has a vertical skill set in audience growth and EDM communications, from top level strategy, coming up with creative ideas in ways to identify, target and grow first party data; through to email execution and engagement with those groups; and crucially analysis of both audience and email insights to continually improve and refine. It’s a newly created role where the successful applicant will be able to set the standards of best practice and newest features in Email and Audience channels, leveraging both their own skillset and our central Audience team, WMX.
Here you’ll get to:
- Create audience growth campaigns and initiatives using in-house tools and in collaboration with marketing, commercial and digital media teams
- Be at the forefront of new customer-facing technologies and initiatives for the music industry
- Analyse and segment first party data in order to optimise communication and targeted messaging
- Play a part in engaging fans, personifying the artist voice through email channel and owned brands
- Lead email operations to best-in-class with regular analysis and communication of insights
- Be a technical leader in our audience and email tools and the liaison with global teams for new features rollout and execution
- 3-4 years experience working across audience strategy, EDM campaign marketing, marketing ops or similar
- Strong technical skills in EDM platforms, HTML, audience segmentation, Linkfire-style landing page tools
- Highly analytical with ability to derive insights from data
- Creative mindset and thinking outside the box
- Understanding of data privacy principles and laws
- Strong knowledge of the digital media and digital tools landscape
- Excellent communicator and ability to collaborate
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience in entertainment or creative industries, and/or experience in an agency environment
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience in graphic design and/or Canva
- Experience with Tableau
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.