The Creative Producer will be responsible for programming the spiritual home of Light ADL – The Lab, a unique live entertainment venue surrounded by 50sqm of LED screens that bring audiences and artists together through immersive experiences. Light ADL’s additional space, The Light Room Gallery and Studio are also available to the Creative Producer to activate.
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for programming and delivering the arts program at Light ADL. The Creative Producer will collaborate with the newly appointed Arts Council to ensure the long-term sustainability and success of the seasonal arts program.
Located on Light Square, Light ADL is a not-for-profit organisation and social enterprise that creates opportunities for artists through the support of its hospitality, events and immersive technologies. As a social enterprise, Light ADL focuses on maintaining the well-being of its people and collaborators. It is a space where creativity, technology and hospitality blend to create breathtaking, innovative experiences whether it be a performance in The Lab, an event in the Light Room – Bar, Gallery, Studio or a meal in our award-winning Aurora Restaurant.
- Programming live music and artists both locally and interstate that meet the artistic objectives of Light ADL.
- Negotiating agreements and contracts with artists and agents.
- Facilitating and programming Light ADL\’s inclusion as a festival venue, i.e. Adelaide Fringe, Illuminate, SALA, etc.
- Identifying grant and funding opportunities, writing applications and acquittals.
- Sourcing marketing collateral and promotional material and monitoring ticket sales in collaboration with the Marketing Manager.
- Overseeing planning, budgeting, and resourcing requirements for programming in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- Exploring and developing relationships with local artists and cultural and community networks to collaborate on the development and delivery of new programming and innovative projects.
- Artist liaison logistics and working with the Production Manager and tech team to ensure artist requirements are met.
- Managing a seasonal calendar of programming and ticketed events
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience delivering artistic programs or events in a venue or festival environment.
- Experience programming live music, performing arts, theatre and art exhibitions an advantage
- Strong administration skills with advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to creatively solve problems through discussion, negotiation, and teamwork
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in arts, or related disciplines and/or equivalent industry experience.
While this is essentially a Monday-to-Friday role, there will be times when weekend or evening work is required particularly throughout festival periods.
At Light ADL culture and well-being are important to us, we offer a friendly, fun environment, staff discounts in our bars and Aurora Restaurant, tickets to performances in The Lab, and some flexibility with working hours.
How to apply:
To be a part of the Light ADL team, please email a cover letter telling us a little more about yourself, along with your resume to Kristy Sander, [email protected]