Work Type: Consultancy – Full-Time Average.
Fee: AU $150,000 p/a negotiable
Applications Close: 28 February, 2024
AMPAL, the trade association of music publishers for Australasia, is seeking an experienced and highly-effective candidate, to lead the organisation as the General Manager and Company Secretary. We are seeking someone with vision, who can expand on the vision of the AMPAL Board.
AMPAL’s primary goals are:
- to promote a better understanding of the value of music and copyright;
- to promote and protect the economic rights of creators and administrators of copyright in music;
- to provide education, so that the role of music publishers is better understood;
- to represent the interests of music publishers to government, the music industry, and the public;
- to work with other members of the music industry to increase the creation, use and enjoyment of, music.
AMPAL represents more than 50 music publisher members in Australia and New Zealand, and between them, our membership represents the majority of the economic value of the music publishing industry in Australasia.
Our members invest in songwriters across all genres of music: they nurture talent, promote the works of songwriters, and find avenues for their work to be heard. They are a vital part of an industry that contributes to a rich cultural and economic landscape.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is primarily responsible for:
- the day-to-day management of AMPAL’s business, and the provision of secretariat and office services;
- assistance with member enquiries;
- liaison with local and international industry-bodies on behalf of AMPAL;
- the development and maintenance of government and industry-relationships on behalf of AMPAL, including the preparation of written submissions on policy/industry matters as required;
- the management and staging of AMPAL events, seminars and educational offerings.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of music publishing and copyright, and a professional and diplomatic manner.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of self-motivation are essential.
Interested candidates meeting these requirements are invited to forward their CV and vision for the organisation via e-mail to:
Matthew Capper – Chairperson
e-mail: [email protected]