Manager Media (maternity cover)
The Australia Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion and welcomes applications from diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, cultural and regional communities, and people with disability.
The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government’s principal arts funding and advisory body. We champion and invest in Australian arts and creativity. We are committed to ensuring all Australians can enjoy the benefits of arts and creativity and be part of the cultural life of our nation.
Proudly named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 and 2021-2022 by the Diversity Council Australia. Our people are passionate and dedicated to the delivery of our five-year strategy Creativity Connects Us. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce with a culturally safe and supportive workplace, where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As the interim Manager Media, you will bring strategic acumen, relationship strengths and proven ability to provide proactive and reactive information and messaging to support the Australia Council’s strategic goals and priorities. Naturally consultative, you will have a track record in managing contentious media issues and a knack for translating information to impactful content.
What this means for you
- Full-time, maternity cover opportunity from January – November 2023
- Salary of $118,337 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Flexible work environment (two days’ work from home and three days on site)
- Office location: Pyrmont, Sydney
- Work in a positive environment that embraces diversity and supports your development
What does success look like?
- Providing high level advice and playing a key role in corporate reputation management
- Ensuring media and communications are targeted, effective and responsive and aligned with strategic priorities
- Developing and implementing proactive cross-platform media strategies
- Identifying opportunities and processes to build and maintain effective relationships with media, government, and other key stakeholders
- Building strong internal relationships to enable staff to undertake effective media engagement
- Providing regular media monitoring, analysis and reporting for staff, Executive and Board members
What we need from you
- Degree qualification in Communications, Journalism, or a related discipline
- Strong professional experience in media relations
- Proven experience in effectively engaging with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional writing and editing skills across a range of formats
- Experience in developing media content for digital channels
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide in depth analysis and reporting on the impact of media campaigns
To access the position description and apply, follow the link to our careers page https://australiacouncil.gov.au/about-us/careers/
Applications close on 5 December 2022 at 2:00 pm
This is not an Australian Public Service position.