Inertia Music is seeking a creative and ambitious Marketing Manager to join their team. Based in Camperdown, Sydney, the role includes managing all aspects of product and marketing across a diverse roster of labels and artists that are based both locally and internationally.
Above all, we are looking for a lover of independent music with an ambition to excel in the music industry.
About Inertia Music:
Inertia Music and [PIAS] Australia make up one of the largest independent music companies in Australia.
Inertia Music, our distribution and services division, works with some of the world’s most exciting independent artists including Kimbra and Press Club, our suite of labels include Secretly Canadian Group (Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Khruangbin, Angel Olsen, Sufjan Stevens), Ninja Tune (Haitus Kaiyote, ODESZA, Thundercat, Bonobo), Fat Possum (Courtney Marie Andrews), Warp (Mount Kimbie, Yves Tumor, Oneohtrix Point Never), Grand Jury (Samia, Hovvdy), Damaged (These New South Whales, Voiid, Clowns), Elefant Traks (Hermitude, Nardean), Pieater (Maple Glader, Big Scary), Mistletone (Beach House), Spinning Top (Pond, Chela), Stop Start (Ball Park Music, Taj Ralph), City Slang (Caribou), Stones Throw (NxWorries, Sudan Archives), Chapter (Laura Jean, The Goon Sax) and much more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the project leader on release campaigns, working alongside the promotions, digital, and retail teams.
- Create and execute strategic and industry-leading marketing plans with content led, fan driven and digital orientation at the forefront.
- Maintain productive and positive relationships with artists, managers and labels in a professional manner.
- Develop strong rapport with all sections of the music industry by demonstrating musical and creative credibility.
- Represent the company at industry events and live performances for touring artists.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Inertia Music and [PIAS] personnel to support the achievement of relevant company goals.
- A music lover!
- Ideally 1+ years experience within a similar role.
- Possess a passion for independent music and a sound understanding of [PIAS]/Inertia’s suite of labels and artists.
- Strong understanding of the recorded music business and contracts, music consumer audiences and current digital trends.
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity.
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment.
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria.