Marketing Manager – MG Live
MG LIVE MARKETING MANAGER (MUSHROOM GROUP)
- Opportunity to work on some of the world’s biggest musicians and event brands
- Unique career progression pathways
- A whole lotta employee benefits
MG Live is one of Australia’s largest independent tour promoters and live event companies. MG Live officially launched in 2023, consolidating a number of the Mushroom Group’s existing touring and events brands including Illusive Presents, A Day on the Green, I OH YOU Touring, Good Life Presents and Arena Touring. As part of the Mushroom Group, MG Live is one of two dozen music and entertainment companies that make up Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most iconic entertainment collective with offices across Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Founded by Michael Gudinski and now run by his son Matt, the Mushroom Group comprises of many of the region’s most successful record labels, tour promoters, merch companies, artist management agencies and much, much more.
Calling all Marketing Managers!
Reporting to the Head of Tour Operations and working as the project marketing lead on tours and events, the focus is to formulate, implement and manage marketing campaigns across brands like MG Live, Illusive Presents, Arena Touring, Good Life Presents and I OH YOU Touring. Each year, these companies are responsible for tours like Drake, DMA’S, Fatboy Slim and The Teskey Brothers, alongside running event brands such as Fridayz Live, Boiler Room (Australia), Immersive Cinema, Lost City U18 Festival and Wine Island.
This role is suited to experienced Marketing Managers that are looking to progress to the next stage of their careers within an exciting industry and great working environment. They’ll be proficient with all aspects of marketing, understanding the core marketing principles, the creative assets production process, social media and digital marketing.
Sounds like you? If so, you will have the following.
- 3-4 years of professional experience as a Marketing Manager
- Experience working within a similar role in music, entertainment or events looked upon favourably though not essential
- Have a tertiary degree in marketing or similar discipline
- Understanding of core marketing principles, the creative asset production process, social media and digital marketing
- B2C experience working with the purchasing funnel
- Intermediate to advanced experience with social media advertising (especially Meta)
- Media buying experience with ATL marketing
- Experience with email marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in the content creation process and experience in providing design and video briefs
- Understanding of the web development process
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere is looked upon favourably
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Excel, Teams etc.
- Ability to navigate competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within strict budgets
- Excellent people skills and the ability to quickly build relationships
- High level attention to detail and quality
- Exceptional written communication skills – including copywriting
- Being a huge music fan definitely wouldn’t hurt!
If this sounds like you, please submit an application with your resume and a cover letter outlining what it is about you that makes you the perfect candidate for this role. This position will be based on-site in Albert Park with some flexibility to work remotely. All applicants must be fully vaccinated.
We will be reviewing the applications as they come in and commencing interviews quickly – so please don’t delay in applying.