inside out is looking for an energetic, driven and creative Sydney based publicist to join the growing international team. Enthusiasm and drive to help build a local office, with experience across all forms of Australian media will be key to success. A minimum of three years experience is required as is an interest in music, digital platforms and the wider entertainment industry. Reporting to the Directors, this role will involve running creative publicity campaigns across entertainment, music and events as well as seeking out and driving new business.
inside out is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Key responsibilities and duties
- To develop, outline and implement creative multimedia PR campaigns
- To attend relevant artist events including performances, meetings and promo for artists across the company roster
- To attend and work across festivals and events as required
- To attend potential client meetings, preparing proposals, pitches and presentations
- To develop and strengthen relationships with labels, managers and prospective clients to continue winning new business
- To write and distribute press releases
- To effectively report on campaigns according the standard company protocol
- To monitor and report any new tools which may benefit the company or artists
- To efficiently execute the distribution of promotional materials
- To oversee, manage and mentor as required
- To network at and attend events relevant to company growth and new business
- To maintain awareness of industry news and developments as well as broader social current affairs
- A passion and enthusiasm for music , entertainment and media
- A minimum of three years experience in media/ music/ entertainment
- A desire to join an international team with a goal of delivering results across territories
- The ability to think creatively across all media formats to create dynamic, cohesive campaigns
- A good understanding of how to write effective press releases
- Strong relationships with contacts across all areas of arts, style, fashion and news media for broadcast, print, digital, audio, video, podcasts and content creation
- Ability to prioritise busy workloads
- A passion for seeking out new techniques and creative ideas across social, digital, broadcast and press
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close October 30, 2021
About inside out
inside out was launched in 2012 by Chloe Melick and Adrian Read. Two of the most experienced cross platform publicists in the business, they have a wealth of experience working across the entertainment industry on a diverse range of artists, events and brands. inside out has grown into the UK’s leading independent music publicity agency, with a eight-strong team working across groundbreaking artist and event campaigns and is now set to expand into Australia.
In recent years inside out has managed publicity campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most talented artists including alt-j, CHVRCHES, Christine and the Queens, George Ezra, Lady Gaga, Lily Allen, Lorde, Robyn and Wolf Alice.
Alongside its award-winning artist campaigns, the agency has worked on projects for clients including Fender, Playstation, NME Awards, Green Man Festival, Latitude Festival, the AIM Awards and London’s iconic Somerset House, as well as artist-adjacent campaigns including Kelis’ Bounty & Full projects and restaurant pop ups, Lily Allen’s #1 selling book and sex toy; Robyn’s Bjorn Borg clothing range; Lady Gaga’s Oscar-winning movie debut A Star Is Born; George Ezra’s podcasts and Mind charity events, Yung Lean and the Sad Boys various fashion collaborations; WARP’s 30th Anniversary and more.
The agency has a client list that includes some of the biggest breakthrough artists of recent years (alt-J, Christine and the Queens, CHVRCHES, George Ezra, The Japanese House, Wolf Alice), alongside some of the most enduring names in modern music (benny blanco, Bloc Party, Kelis, Lady Gaga, Lily Allen, Lorde, Maya Jane Coles, Mogwai, Robyn), and some of the brightest new stars (Alewya, Beabadoobee, Nakhane, Rejjie Snow, Yung Lean, Yves Tumor).
inside out has been shortlisted for the Music Week Award for PR Campaign in 2013 (for alt-J), 2015 (George Ezra), 2017 (Christine and the Queens) and again in 2019 (George Ezra, for a second time). The agency has previously won two Record of the Day Awards – for Best PR Campaign For A Breakthrough Act and Best Independent PR Person – and came runner up as Best Independent PR Company.