Sales Account Manager (Contract role)
[PIAS] is one of the world’s leading independent music companies with 300 employees in offices in all major music markets. In 2017 [PIAS] acquired leading Australian music company Inertia Music, and we are seeking a Sales Account Manager.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the purpose of this Sydney-based role is to provide outstanding sales and customer support to our physical retail customers with a focus on independent record stores. You will work as a part of a team dedicated to delivering the absolute best for our labels, artists and retail customers alike.
In this 9 month contract role, you will look after an existing client base in all aspects of account management from selling new releases, processing orders, running campaigns and more. If you’re looking for that step into the music industry and have some sales or customer service experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Above all, you love music and have a desire to work in the music industry.
We’re also looking for someone with the following skills / attributes:
- A high level of self-motivation: able to work autonomously and adapt to changes as required,
- A demonstrated customer focus,
- Excellent communication skills with friendly, open and clear verbal and written communication,
- Excellent team player: we’re a friendly hard-working team and we all rely upon each other,
- Exceptional attention to detail,
- MS Office skills including Word, Excel, & Outlook, and
- Some customer service experience within a sales environment – music retail experience is a definite plus!
Inertia Music works with local and international labels including AWAL, Elefant Traks, Farmer and the Owl, Fat Possum, Flightless Records, Jagjaguwar, Mistletone, Ninja Tune, Pieater, Secretly Canadian, The Beggars Group, Remote Control, Stop Start, Warp and XL Recordings, as well [PIAS] Australia labels.
[PIAS] Australia, works with some of the world’s most exciting independent labels (Astral People Recordings, Transgressive, Heavenly Recordings, ATO) and artists (Jesswar, Arlo Parks, Mykki Blanco, Wave Racer, Claptone, Shady Nasty).
[PIAS] and Inertia Music are equal opportunity employers. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.