Senior Booking Agent
Mushroom Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent music and entertainment group operating from Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Founded by Michael Gudinski and now run by his son Matt, Mushroom has been synonymous in the music and entertainment industry for 50 years.
With over 20 companies under the Group umbrella, Mushroom is a family-orientated company, and that family includes our artists, staff and partners. Mushroom is called home by more than 200 of Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced, creative and passionate people; and we work closely with thousands of artists and organisations worldwide – year in, year out.
Senior Booking Agent
MBA is a new addition to the Mushroom Group, launching earlier this year. MBA is an artist-first agency specialising in live bookings and strategy, touring and partnerships, with operations in Melbourne and Sydney and we are looking for a Senior Booking Agent to join their growing team. We are open to candidates being based in either Melbourne or Sydney for this role.
As a Booking Agent, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Negotiating and booking live performance contracts
- Liaising with promoters, talent buyers, venues and similar.
- Working with artists and managers, coordinating tour strategy and opportunities.
- Attend meetings with clients and event partners.
- Finding and securing live opportunities for a roster of talent.
- Actively procuring and identifying new talent for the agency.
- Four (4)+ Years of experience in a similar role
- Currently working with talent
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and represent the interests of clients
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
As a team member of the iconic Mushroom Group, MBA has inside access to the region’s best tour promoters, creative teams, brand agencies, merch suppliers, record labels, and so much more.
If you’re the person for this role, have all the proven skills and experience that are looking for – and are currently working with talent, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send through a full resume and a cover letter telling us what excites you about this role and working for MBA (Bonus points for creativity!) Please also include your salary expectations for this position (a rough range is fine)
Please note that only applicants with existing permanent working rights in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
We will be reviewing all the applications as they come in, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
If you are an experienced Senior Booking Agent and would prefer to have a confidential conversation prior to applying, please don’t hesitate to contact Guven Yilmaz directly on [email protected]