Senior Venue Programmer
Mary’s Live is seeking applications for the full-time position of Venue Programmer to work in our programming team for Mary’s Underground (formerly The Basement) and Liberty Hall (formerly The Forum/Max Watts).
The successful applicant will work within a growing creative team and be responsible for the successful delivery of entertainment across each of our venues.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Programming entertainment for multiple venues with a focus on live music and club shows but also including a range of other formats including comedy, theatre, talks, sport, private events etc
- Overseeing advancing and logistics for all shows, across all venues
- Overseeing ticketing – building links, monitoring sales, triggering marketing
- Creating announce schedules and connecting with social media and marketing team members to facilitate
- Assisting in creating contracts and worksheets
- Managing settlements
- Reporting and tracking ticketing and other revenue
Key selection criteria:
- Existing and well developed relationships in Australian music industry (agents, promoters, labels, managers)
- Solid knowledge of contemporary music trends
- Solid knowledge of current local, domestic and international touring artists
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Highly organised with strong admin skills
- Strong communicator with well developed interpersonal skills
- Sense of humour
- Love of music
To apply please send short cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with a resume.