Social Media and Content Manager
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists, and we are looking for a talented Social Media and Content Manager to join our passionate team in the Sydney office situated on Gadigal Land, whose traditional custodians are the Gadigal people of the Eora nation.
The Social Media & Content Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing social media and content strategies that aim to grow, engage, activate, and monetise target audiences, across a roster of assigned Sony artists, as well as Sony’s own social channels and databases.
This person will act as a strategic partner, embedded in the core artist working group to contribute to the overall artist marketing strategy by leveraging social media and content to identify, engage, and acquire fans.
You will report to the Senior Director, Audience Development & Digital Communications.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate and deliver end-to-end social media and content strategies, creative ideas, and executions for your own roster of artists, and other projects, based on the core objectives and audience goals of the campaign
- Lead and participate in creative ideation sessions for our artists.
- Build social and content strategies to support CRM efforts
- Build and maintain direct relationships with artists and managers (as well as third party social media agencies & partners to our artists) to develop and create content.
- Develop and execute influencer marketing opportunities and engagements for their artists, working with our agency support to execute.
- Initiate, brief and manage the creation and production of relevant artist social content.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise results by tracking metrics on audiences and content throughout the life of a campaign.
- Proactively provide campaign analysis and interpretation of relevant data and insights to the stakeholder group and make recommendations for mid-campaign and future campaign optimisations.
- Host artist social onboarding sessions for your artists, educating and empowering them with social media platforms to grow and engage their audiences, as well as identifying other opportunities to keep artists up to date with current social media trends/opportunities.
- Partner with other business functions to provide creative social & content-led recommendations.
Who you are:
- a music fanatic, who lives and breathes “the internet”!
- 4-6 years of direct social media & content experience – experience formulating and delivering social media & content strategies for musicians and/or entertainment products, will be considered a plus.
- Proactivity in staying on top of, and ahead of, all current social media and content platforms, products, features, and trends to best educate and identify opportunities for our artists and business, to achieve relevant goals.
- An expert understanding of how each social media channel works and how to plan content so that it is engaging to relevant target audiences on those channels.
- An expert storyteller with a solid understanding of how to deliver narratives through digital content.
- Superior communication, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite, Canva, and Adobe Photoshop advantageous
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.