Sports and Politics Journalist
The Brag Media is a leading music and entertainment publisher that holds fervent conversations with over 2 million gen-z and millennials across our channels every month. We generate meaningful and engaging content for artists and brands every day.
We are currently searching for multiple creative thinking skilled writers, with a tenacious, inquisitive attitude to form our core investigative reporter team. The opportunity to work with us is on a contractor/freelance arrangement, therefore you will require a valid ABN and relevant business insurances to be considered.
The publication will cover Australian sport and politics, but not in the way you’d expect.
The successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years (preferred) digital longform writing experience
- A deep knowledge and passion for either sport and politics, or both
- Knowledge of the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics
- A hunger for producing accurate, unbiased, investigative pieces which are far-reaching and powerful
- A portfolio of published bylines in reputable publications which heavily cover sport and politics
- An ability to deliver matter-of-fact reporting, while commenting on the social issues surrounding politics and sport
- An understanding of digital marketing and brand differentiation
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in either digital or communications
- Social media and community management experience
- Our team is full of creative minds and therefore the ability to think outside the box is essential
As a business to business working arrangement, we will negotiate attractive service fees on a per article basis.
If you are keen to work with us, please send some examples of your work and your ABN to our Managing Editor, Poppy at [email protected].