Sync Licensing Coordinator
Melbourne > CBD & Inner Suburbs
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami, Melbourne, Sydney & Auckland.
CONCORD MUSIC PUBLISHING represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
Job Title: Sync Licensing Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager, Sync Licensing
Position Purpose: This role provides support to all functions of the ANZ sync licensing team. Required administrative tasks involve licensing assistance for print, dramatic context, miscellaneous and sub publisher requests, and creative support for marketing materials and ingestion of assets into the Concord DISCO libraries.
- Ingestion of digital assets and associated metadata into the Concord DISCO libraries.
- Administer the licensing process for uses across print, dramatic context, miscellaneous and sub publisher requests.
- Create and distribute marketing materials, including servicing new releases, music samplers, gig invites and new signings.
- Contribute to client, writer and catalogue meetings as required.
- Coordinate gig/event invites for sync licensing clients.
- Contribute to team pitches for sync licensing briefs for use in any and all media.
- Entry and maintenance of information in Concord sync licensing systems.
- Assist with catalogue and writer servicing and sync licensing activity reports.
- Further to the above general office administration responsibilities are part of this role and include handling post, grocery/stationary supplies, answering phones, greeting guests, offering refreshments for hosted meetings, ensuring the song writing room is clean and tidy, assisting with company events, and circulating weekly reports to the team.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Follow the set guidelines to ingest audio/lyrics/assets and associated metadata into the Concord DISCO libraries, ensuring consistency of data and completeness of assets, updating any required documents and systems (i.e. Release Schedule, Salesforce, etc).
- As directed by Senior Director, Sync Licensing and Senior Manager, Sync Licensing, conduct the required steps of the licensing process from negotiation, quoting, clearance and issuing of agreement & invoice for print, dramatic context, miscellaneous and sub publisher requests.
- With guidance from the sync licensing team, create marketing materials to promote the writers/artists/catalogues represented by Concord ANZ and ensure their successful delivery to our sync licensing client databases.
- Circulate gig/event invites collating response and notification of inclusions on guest lists.
- When time allows or on request, provide ideas to team pitches for sync licensing briefs or other servicing.
- Assist Sync Manager with compilation of catalogue and artist/writer reports on related sync licensing activity such as licensing requests, pitches and inclusion in marketing materials.
- Provide general support for internal department functions and department initiatives such as client meetings, listening sessions, events, sync camps, etc.
- Perform any other duties and tasks related to the department’s role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the team’s management from time to time.
- In conjunction with other staff, divide up general office administration duties and perform any of the required tasks made responsible for.
- Knowledge of and passion for a wide range of music across multiple genres, ideally with an awareness of music use in film/TV and advertising.
- An understanding of music publishing rights and how music rights are licensed for sync, however training will be provided.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Efficiency and ability to work at speed, while also being thorough and methodical.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Strong problem solving skills, identifying potential problems and addressing them before they arise.
- Ability to be personable, tactful and sensitive to requirements of customers and clients on the telephone, via written correspondence and in person.
- Self-directed, pro-active and a flexible, willing team member, performing all duties to a high standard.
- Relevant industry experience desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Corporate Health Insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave
- A host of other employee benefits are provided in our annual employee benefits schedule
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national extraction, sex, disability, age, gender identity, and other protected attributes as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.