Tone Deaf, The Brag, Rolling Stone Australia, The Industry Observer, Don’t Bore Us and the Gig Guide are all brands, apps and/or publications under The Brag Media (Platform).
In the course of our activities Seventh Street Media Pty Ltd (ACN 614 595 201)– trading as The Brag Media Australia – (we, us, or our) will collect, store, use, transfer and disclose personal information. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to compliance with Australian privacy law. This statement explains our policies and practices regarding the use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our products and services and purposes connected to those products and services.
Consistent with the provision or our products and services to you, the types of personal information we may collect and hold about you include but are not limited to the following.
- Account, profile, activity, and use information: Such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address and financial information. Profile, activity and use information is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture or interact with our Platform.
- Location information: We may collect and process location information when you sign up for and use the Gig Guide app, including when you attend a gig or venue. We do not track your device location while you are not using the Gig Guide app. If you would like to stop the device location tracking, you may do so at any time by adjusting your device settings.
- Content you share: We gather information from the photos, posts, comments, ratings, reviews, and other content you share via the Gig Guide app, including when you attend partner events or participate in partner promotions.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our products and services from our website.
We collect your personal information when you register with us as a member or a subscriber, complete a survey, enter a competition, log a helpdesk request, visit any of our sites or when you initiate contact with us.
Even if you initially choose to subscribe to receive communications from us, you may also unsubscribe or resubscribe at a later stage.
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. However, you acknowledge that the information you provide to us is at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact our helpdesk immediately.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information
The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include:
- to communicate with you and provide you with the services you have requested;
- to enable your access to members-only features or services;
- to send marketing and promotional material that you have opted in to receive;
- to provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- to personalise and customise your experience;
- to conduct competitions;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you;
- to investigate breaches of our terms and conditions or other unlawful behaviour;
- other purposes as specified at the time of you supplying information to us;
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf;
- that are our agents, business partners (including music venues, artists and promoters) or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote;
- that are authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the Gig Guide app and post it publicly or share it with third parties. Examples of the type of information we may aggregate include information about gig attendance, music preferences and demographics. We may use, sell, license, and share this aggregated information with third parties for research, business or other purposes such as to promote the music industry or to help our partners understand more about the people who use their products and services.
Access, correction and deletion
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate.
If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
If you want us to delete the personal information that we have collected about you, you may contact us by email at [email protected]
Please direct all request for access and correction to:
The Brag Media
Box 257, The Entertainment Quarter,
122 Lang Road MOORE PARK NSW 2021
We may, in the course of providing products and services to you, disclose personal information to overseas entities. You agree that where personal information is disclosed to the countries above, the Australian Privacy Principles will not apply to that information.
Changes to this policy
If you consider a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles has occurred, you may direct your query to The Brag Media’s Privacy Officer and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.gov.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.