Chris Brown has a history of extreme violence towards women. In fact over the past 10 years, Chris Brown is averaging more than one abusive incident with women per year.
As our social media accounts continue to be ambushed by Chris Brown fans who continue to defend him as a man who just made “one mistake”, including Justin Bieber more recently, we have compiled a timeline of Chris Brown’s history of violence to women so that there can be no uncertainty about his character.
Timeline of Chris Brown’s History of Violence Towards Women
- He violently assaulted Rhianna deliberately and purposefully. As a reminder, please see police report here (Feb, 2009)
“Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his righthand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.’smouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.
Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, ‘I’m going to beat the sh– out of you when we get home! You wait and see!'”
- He smashed a window and stormed off set of Robin Roberts Interview when she asked him about his Battery charge (March, 2011)
- He stole a woman’s phone after she took a photo of him. (Feb, 2012)
- He shoved a woman to the ground at a night club leaving torn ligaments in her right knee. (June, 2013)
- He had a third-degree assault report filed after a woman was forcibly ejected a from his bus after she refused to give up her mobile phone (Sept, 2015)
- Brown avoided charges after a woman accused him of punching her in the face and taking her phone in a Las Vegas night club (Jan 2016)
- His female tour manager claimed he threatened her with a brutal physical attack (May, 2016)
- He was detained by the LAPD following a stand-off at his home. A woman had accused the singer of threatening her with a gun after showing up to his home. (Aug, 2018)
- Chris Brown and two accomplices were taken into custody in Paris after a woman filed a report of aggravated rape. (April, 2019)
- He came out and said that female lead band CHVRCHES were the “the type of people I wish walked in front of a speeding bus” (Jan, 2019)
- He was hit with a 20 million dollar lawsuit accusing him of drugging and raping a woman on a yacht in Florida. Page Six has reportedly obtained a copy of the lawsuit that allegedly claims the sexual assault happened while Brown and the victim were at a party in Miami in December 2020. The lawsuit allegedly names the victim as Jane Doe who is a professional musician and choreographer. (Jan, 2022)
For more on this topic, follow the Hip Hop Observer.