Jetstar has put over 500,000 seats up for sale in a bid to get Aussies on the move this winter.
From midnight on Wednesday, around half a million low fares were launched, stretching across a huge 62 domestic routes and over 20 international routes.
That means you could nip over to Melbourne (Avalon) from Adelaide for a mere $29, get all the way to Bali (Denpasar) from Darwin for just $124. Check out some of the other highlights below:
Domestic sale fares:
• Adelaide to Darwin from $119
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Busselton (Margaret River) from $99
Get the latest Travel news, features, updates and giveaways straight to your inbox Learn more
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Hobart from $39
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Canberra from $59
• Perth to Brisbane from $99
• Sydney to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $59
• Sydney to Hervey Bay from $75
International sale fares include:
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Bali (Denpasar) from $175
• Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City from $179
• Perth to Bali (Denpasar) from $135
• Sydney to Fiji (Nadi) from $169
• Sydney to Phuket from $175
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Auckland from $175
• Gold Coast (Coolangatta) to Christchurch from $159
• Sydney to Queenstown from $189
Be aware, however, because there’s a catch (there’s always a catch). The cheap fares are only available at specific times of the year: between late July and late September (perfect for a winter escape), early October and late December (handy for the holidays), and early January to late March 2023.
Jetstar’s announcements comes in the same week airline rival Virgin announced its plans to launch a direct route from Gold Coast to Bali, a first for Australia. The new route is expected to launch in March 2023, and the flight time will be around six-and-a-half hours.
Seats can be secured now, with return tickets costing about $500. If you listen closely, you can almost hear the shrieks of excitement from Gold Coast influencers hearing about the news.
For more on this topic, follow the Travel Observer.