Welcome to the world of writing letters to Seventh Street Media publications (print, digital, video, blogs, photojournalism and other social media publications). We are excited that you would like to submit to our “Letters to the Editor” offering. There are a few legal matters we need to address before you can contribute your letter
This Agreement is made and entered into on the date you submitted your Letter (hereby known as Work) via any of our websites and between You (hereby known as the Author or Contributor) and Seventh Street Media Pty Ltd (ACN 614 595 201) of Level 2, 9 Bibby Street, Chiswick NSW 2046 (“Client”).
- Engagement of Services. The Author will provide Seventh Street Media with articles, photographs, videos or other such material for publishing in any one of Seventh Street Media’s Publications whether it be online or in print
- Relationship. The Author’s relationship with Seventh Street Media will be that of a Volunteer, and nothing in this Agreement is intended to, or should be construed to, create a partnership, agency, joint venture, or employment relationship.
- Ownership of Property. The Author acknowledges and agrees that all documents produced and submitted by the Author shall be the property of Seventh Street Media, and the Author shall retain no ownership, interest, or rights therein. Seventh Street Media will be entitled to and grant to others the right to use, reproduce, publish, copy, modify, edit, communicate, transmit, sell, licence, dispose, and otherwise use the material prepared by the Author (in whole or in part) in all media now known or hereafter devised.
- Indemnification. The Author agrees to fully indemnify and hold Seventh Street Media, its subsidiaries and directors, officers, employees, other contractors, agents and licensors harmless from any loss, damage, proceeding and cost (including all reasonable legal costs), whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise, directly or indirectly as a result of the Contractor’s breach of any provision or warranty of this Agreement, or the Contributor’s violation of any applicable law or the rights of any third party.
- Representations and Warranties. The Author represents and warrants that their contributions, services and works do not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
The Author is responsible for any costs and fees relating to any resources used to perform the Services and Deliverables hereunder, including without limitation, software, hardware, personnel, premises and technology, unless such resources are provided by Seventh Street Media; and
The Author will not do nor omit doing any action which might reasonably be expected to damage the business and/or reputation of Seventh Street Media or any Known Party.
Each Party represents and warrants to the other Party that:
- such Party has the full corporate right, power and authority to enter into this Deed and perform its obligations hereunder;
- this Deed shall constitute the legal, valid and binding obligation of such Party, enforceable against such Party in accordance with its terms; and
- such Party acknowledges that the other Party makes no representations, warranties or agreements related to the subject matter hereof which are not expressly provided for in this Deed.
Seventh Street Media Pty Ltd