Content Warning: This article about Chris Noth’s ex Beverly Johnson discusses sexual assault. If you or someone you know is affected by the following story, you are not alone. To speak to someone, you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14, or 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.
Chris Noth’s ex Beverly Johnson once filed a restraining order against the disgraced actor and alleged he repeatedly threatened to “kill” her.
According to court documents obtained by Paige Six, Johnson filed for the temporary restraining order in Los Angeles Superior Court in August 1995, requesting Noth stay 500 yards away from her, her daughter and their dog.
“Chris Noth punched me in the chest and ribs, injuring my ribs, making it difficult to breathe, punching and bruising my face and body in which I had to have medical attention,” the model alleged in the documents.
“On July 27, 1995, he made repeated threats on my life making up to 25 calls per day threatening to kill me [and] destroy my face. Threatened to kill dog.”
The documents also revealed that Johnson asked for the judge to order Noth to “make no calls to others with threats against me. Restraining from slandering my character + good name.”
The judge approved the temporary restraining order, which was modified into a mutual restraining order two months later.
Love Film & TV?
Get the latest Film & TV news, features, updates and giveaways straight to your inbox Learn more
“Neither party shall make any derogatory statements about the other of any nature or description to another person or entity not encourage or participate in any party making any such derogatory comments about the other to any third person or entity,” the judge wrote in the order.
Both Noth and Johnson agreed not to “contact, molest, attack, strike, threaten, sexually assault, batter, telephone or disturb the peace of the other.” They also agreed to stay at least 500 yards from each other and any family members from the residence of the other party or place of employment.
While the documents didn’t include an expiration date for the permanent restraining order, the court docket states the case was closed on May 26, 2017, Paige Six reports.
Meanwhile, a 1995 National Enquirer article covering Johnson’s claims has recently resurfaced, claiming that Johnson told a friend she had “never been so frightened in my life… I just can’t believe that someone who had once been so tender and sweet could turn into this raging wild man.”
Another article that ran in the Daily News in November 1993 alleged that Johnson punched Noth in the face during a showing at the Ziegfield Theater in New York City.
They stated that the incidents took place in Los Angeles in 2004 and New York in 2015. Noth insisted that both encounters were consensual and that the allegations were “categorically false.”
From there, a third woman told the Daily Beast Noth allegedly forced himself on her in a restaurant in 2010 when she was 18 years old.
In response to the third accusation, a representative for Noth told Page Six: ”The alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction. Chris has no knowledge of who this individual is and, as stated yesterday, has and would never cross that line.”
Actor Zoe Lister-Jones also spoke out last week, accusing Noth of acting “sexually inappropriate” at one of the New York City nightclubs he partially owned or invested in.
Noth has not yet addressed Lister-Jones’ allegations.
For more on this topic, follow the Film & TV Observer.