New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian is reportedly set to announce a four-week extension of the current lockdown in Sydney.
As reported by the Sydney Morning Herald, on Wednesday Berejiklian will confirm the lockdown extension, as well the news that construction will be allowed to resume in non-hot spot areas from Saturday.
On top of that, she will reportedly also announce that year 12 students will undergo rapid antigen testing to allow them to return to school. Currently, there are no plans for students from other year levels to return to face-to-face learning.
In some welcome good news, it is also looking like a singles bubble for people who live alone will be introduced, offering some much-needed relief for those suffering due to isolation.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, adults of any age will be able to book an AstraZeneca vaccine at NSW Health clinics as of Friday.
While previously only those over the age of 40 could book, any New South Wales resident will now be able to be vaccinated at Sydney Olympic Park or at about 450 pharmacies across the state from next week.
The announcement comes after Health Minister Brad Hazzard said a limited supply of the Pfizer vaccine meant NSW Health was administering fewer shots than it could.
Love Health & Wellness?
Get the latest Health & Wellness news, features, updates and giveaways straight to your inbox Learn more
“We will not have enough Pfizer in the next few weeks to be able to do what we really could do in those hubs,” he said.
If you’re a resident of the Orange City Council, Blayney Shire Council or Cabonne Shire Council then you’re in luck, as stay-at-home orders are set to lift in those areas at 10.01 am on Wednesday.
The state of New South Wales recorded 172 new local COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, the highest daily total seen during this outbreak.
Meanwhile, Victoria’s lockdown is set to finish on schedule at 23.59 pm Tuesday, although several restrictions like a ban on home visits and a mask mandate will remain in place.