Heaps of people have attempted to re-create KFC chicken at home over the years, but what about the humble yet amazing KFC gravy we all know and love?
If nothing else, isolation drove people to recreate their favourite fast-food items for those restaurants that might have been inaccessible to some during the coronavirus pandemic lockdowns. Now some legend has recreated what they’re calling KFC-style gravy.
The recipe will provide you with a ‘creamy pourable gravy sauce’ which is modelled on real thing, and the perfect side-dish for your home-cooked fried chicken.
KFC Style Gravy popped up on a website called Memories With Dishes.
So here’s how to put it together. You’ll need:
- 4 tbsp. butter or shortening
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 2 cups water
In addition, they’ve listed “1/4 tsp. sage” as being optional, but surely just get that in there for good measure.
Now for the method:
Love Food & Drink?
Get the latest Food & Drink news, features, updates and giveaways straight to your inbox Learn more
- Boil the water and add bouillon cubes; stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add flour, sage, garlic powder and black pepper in small bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Add butter in saucepan over low heat; heat until butter is melted, stirring as needed.
- Add flour mixture to melted butter, stirring constantly.
- Cook until it takes on a golden brown color.
- Slowly pour the bouillon water to the flour/butter mixture. Stir or whisk constantly to prevent lumps.
- Turn the heat up to medium and continue cooking until you have a creamy, pourable gravy sauce.
- Serve while hot.
Well there you have it, and here’s the image they’ve uploaded with the recipe:
The legendary fast-food chain also released their own range of Crocs. Definitely not for eating…