Victoria has announced a seven day lockdown amid the recent cluster of coronavirus cases.
The lockdown comes amid reports that the coronavirus cluster has grown overnight to 26 cases. Yesterday there were 40,411 tests, the highest ever processed in Victoria.
“There are 34 active cases of coronavirus in Victoria. We’re dealing with a highly-infectious strain of the virus,” Victoria’s Acting Premier James Merlino said in a press conference. “Our public health experts primary concern is how fast this variant is moving. Unless something drastic happens this will become increasingly uncontrollable.”
Premier Merlino is urging those that are eligible for the vaccine, to do so.
From 11:59pm tonight, Victoria will enter a 7-day circuit breaker lockdown. There are five reason’s people will be able to leave their homes: shopping for necessary goods and services, authorised work or permitted education, exercise – a 2-hour limit with one other person, caregiving, compassionate, and medical reasons, and to get vaccinated.
Other Victoria locdkown restrictions
- No visitors to your home other than an intimate partner. Single bubbles will be permitted. If you live alone, you can make a bubble with another person.
- No public gatherings.
- Restaurants, pubs, and cafes can provide takeaway only.
- Essential retail, so supermarkets, food stores, petrol stations, banks, bottle shops and pharmacies, other retail stores can provide click and collect.
- Childcare will be open as per the last circuit breaker lockdown earlier this year.
- Approved professional sporting events will proceed but without crowds.
- Schools will move to remote learning, except for vulnerable children, and children of authorised workers.
- Higher education will move to remote learning only.
- Community support and recreation accommodation will be closed, with some exemptions.
- Hotels, clubs, TABs and the casino will be closed,
- Indoor and outdoor entertainment venues, swimming pools, spas, saunas, indoor and outdoor springs, community venues, drive-in cinemas, amusements parks and arcades, creative studios, art galleries and museums, tourism, tours, and transport, and auctions will all be closed.
- Aged care facilities, no visitors except for limited reasons.
- In our hospitals, visitors only for end of life, to support a partner during birth, or a parent accompanying a child.
- Funerals will allowa maximum of 10 people plus those running the service.
- Weddings cannot proceed with the exception of end of life or deportation reasons.
- Religious activities will not proceed other than through broadcast with a maximum of five people.
Authorities received 40,411 test results in the last 24 hours, administering 12,677 vaccine doses, bringing the total number of vaccinations to 398,009.
Reported yesterday: 12 new local cases and no new cases acquired overseas.
– 12,677 vaccine doses were administered
– 40,411 test results were received
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) May 26, 2021
NSW Premier Gladys Berejkilian says state health authorities are “very, very concerned” about Victoria’s growing community cases. Though “at this stage” NSW borders will remain open.
“I’m worried about the evolving situation and of course we’ll watch closely to see what the Victorian government announces this morning,” she said.
Yesterday, South Australia announced that they would be closing to Victoria. South Australians in Melbourne are allowed to return home but must complete 14 days of quarantine.
A list of almost 80 exposure sites across the states has been revealed, you can find it below.
Tier 1 COVID exposure sites:
The advice for Tier 1 sites is to get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from exposure.
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne, all day on May 25
- Dukes Gym Abbotsford in Abbotsford between 6:15pm and 8:15pm on May 24
- Anytime Fitness, Shop TG-01, Uni Hill Town Centre, 1-3 Janefield Drive, Bundoora between 4:50 and 5:50pm on May 24
- Ritchies IGA, Pentridge, 1 Champ Street, Coburg between 6:45pm and 7:25pm
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne, all day on May 24
- Port Park Cafe at 7/484 Graham Street, Port Melbourne between 12:30pm and 1:00pm on May 24
- Bay 101 Cafe at 7/101 Bay Street, Port Melbourne between 7:30am and 8:20am on May 24
- Anytime FitnessShop, Uni Hill Town Centre at 1-3 Janefield Drive in Bundoora between 3:40pm and 5:30pm
- Axedale Tavern at 105 High Street in Axedale between 11:45am and 1:30pm on May 23
- Endless Lifestyle Studio in Balwyn between 9:45am and 12:40pm on May 23
- 7-Eleven Fairfield East, 324 Station Street, Fairfield between 7:45pm and 8:00pm on May 23
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne, all day on May 23
- Three Monkeys Bar at 210 Chapel Street, Prahran, between 12:30am and 2:00am Sunday, May 23
- Criniti’s Southbank, 645 Freshwater Place, Southbank between 6:00pm and 9:30pm
- Circus Bar at 199 Commercial Road, South Yarra, between 1:30am and 4:15am on Sunday, May 23
- The Sporting Globe at 590 Main Street, Mordialloc, between 6:17pm and 9:43pm
- Degani, Westfield Plenty Valley at 415 Mcdonalds Road, Mill Park, between 11:30am and 2pm
- Bicycle Superstore, 1030 Dandenong Road, Carnegie, between 3:33pm and 4pm
Saturday, May 22
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road Port Melbourne, all day on May 22
- Somewhere Bar at 181 Chapel Street, Prahran, between 10:30pm and 1:00am on Saturday, May 22
- Three Monkeys Bar at 210 Chapel Street, Prahran, between 9:10pm and 11:00pm on Saturday, May 22
- Secco and Co at 414 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy North between 7:35pm and 8:55pm on May 22
- McDonald’s Clifton Hill between 6:00pm and 7:00pm on May 22
- Woolworths Epping North between 4:45pm and 5:45pm on May 22
- The Nicholson Coffee House in Nicholson Street in Coburg between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on May 22
- Hairfolk on Williamson Street in Bendigo between 9.40am and 10.10am on May 22
- BP Southvale on Bell Street in Coburg between 8.10am and 8.30am on May 22
- Little Tienda at 410 Station Street, Thornbury between 7:45am and 8:20am on May 22
- Burwood Tepanyaki House, 145 Burwood Highway, Burwood East, between 7:30pm and 9:40pm
- Nordie Cafe, 1008 Mornington-Flinders Road, Red Hill, between 9:09am and 9:34am
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road Port Melbourne, all day on May 21
- The Local on Bay Street in Port Melbourne between 1:30pm and 3:30pm on May 21
- The Palace Hotel, 505-507 City Road, South Melbourne between 5:45 and 6:45pm
- Bamboo House restaurant on Bourke Street in Melbourne CBD between 11:00am and 11:50am on May 21
- Jump Swim School in Bundoora between 8:55am and 10:15am on May 21
- McDonalds, 296 Canterbury Road, Bayswater North, between 11pm and 12am
- Melbourne Swordcraft, Ransford Oval, Park Street, Parkville, between 5:45pm and 10:30pm
- Stratton Finance HQ, 1/435 Williamstown Road Port Melbourne, all day on May 20
- Coles at Pacific Epping Shopping Centre between 6:46pm and 7:35pm on May 20
- Woolworths at Pacific Epping Shopping Centre between 6:25pm and 7:15pm on May 20
- Highpoint Shopping Centre between 5:00pm and 8:00pm on May 20
- Lush Cosmetics at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribrynong between 6:05pm and 6:35pm on May 20
- Smiggle at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribrynong between 5:55pm and 6:30pm on May 20
- Ishka at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribrynong between 5:45pm and 6:20pm on May 20
- Toyworld at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribrynong between 5:30pm and 6:20pm on May 20
- Kidstuff at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribrynong between 5:20pm and 5:55pm on May 20
- Insportz Knox, 108 Lewis Road, Wantirna South, between 6:30pm and 8:30pm
- Nando’s at Dalton Road in Epping between 8:30pm and 9:20pm on May 19
- Doctors on Broadway, 210A Broadway, Reservoir between 2:00pm and 3:45pm on May 18
- The Furniture Trader in Epping between 12:00pm and 12:50pm on May 18
- JMD Grocers & Sweets in Epping between 10:30am and 1:00pm on May 17
Tier 2 COVID exposure sites:
The advice for Tier 2 sites the advice is to get tested urgently and isolate until you have a negative result.
- Ritchies IGA Pentridge at 1 Champ Street in Coburg between 6:45pm and 7:25pm
- ALDI at Dalton Village in Epping, between 6:00pm and 7:30pm on May 23
- ALDI Preston South on Dundas Street, Preston, between 3:45pm and 4:25pm on May 23
- Docklands Stadium, Docklands, Level 1 between aisles five and 28; Level 3 between aisles six and 29 during the Essendon/North Melbourne AFL game
- MCG, Zone 4, Level 1 between 2:50pm and 6:30pm on May 23
- 7-Eleven at 324 Station Street in Fairfield between 7:45pm and 8:00pm
- Adams Reserve Playground at Preston, between 2:15pm and 3:45pm on May 23
- Urban Diner Food Court, Pacific Epping Shopping Centre, at 571-583 High Street in Epping between 1:15pm and 2:30pm on May 23
- Chemist Depot Epping at Pacific Epping Shopping Centre between 11:15am and 12:00pm on May 23
- Futsal Brunswick at 409 Victoria Street in Brunswick between 9:00am and 10:00am on May 23
Saturday, May 22
- Barkly Square, Brunswick; Priceline, Kmart, Woolworths between 1:15pm and 2:30pm on May 22
- Cohuna Football and Netball Club, Cohuna Recreation Reserve, Island Road, Cohuna between 12:00pm and 5:00pm on May 22
- P & C Indian Grocery & Convenience Store at Broadway Reservoir between 6:00pm and 7:00pm on May 22
- House and Party Store on Lyndarum Drive in Epping between 5:15pm and 5:50pm on May 22
- Epping North Shopping Centre on Lyndarum Drive in Epping between 4:45pm and 5:50pm on May 22
- IGA Coburg, 12-20 Nicholson Street, Coburg, between 2:30pm and 2:50pm
- BT Connor Reserve at 200 Broadhurst Avenue in Reservoir between 8:00pm and 11:30pm on May 21
- RMIT Campus, Building 56 in Carlton between 8:00am and 10:30am on May 21
Thursday, May 20
- Deep Indian Supermarket at 3/494 High Street, Lalor between 7pm and 8pm on May 20
- Highpoint Shopping Centre, all other areas on Levels 2 and 3 excluding specific shops listed as Tier 1 sites, between 5:15pm and 6:35pm
- Bunnings Warehouse at 761 Plenty Road, Mill Park between 4pm and 6:30pm on May 20
- White Line Automotive at 2/28 Lipton Drive, Thomastown between 12:00pm and 1:30pm on May 20
- Chemist Warehouse at Dalton Village in Epping between 6:45pm and 8:00pm on May 19
- Fruits of Lalor at 328 Station Street, Lalor between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on May 19
- No.1 Fruit Market at 37 May Road, Lalor between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on May 19
- Everfresh Fruit Market at 346 Station Street, Lalor between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on May 19
- Shell Coles Express Reservoir at 192-202 Broadway and Whitelaw Streets in Reservoir between 3:15pm and 4:15pm on May 18
- ACTROL at 13-17 Brand Drive, Thomastown between 12:00pm and 1:30pm on May 17
Tier 3 COVID exposure sites:
The advice for Tier 3 sites is to monitor for symptoms and if symptoms develop, get tested and isolate until you receive a negative test.
- MCG, all of stadium other than zone 4 between 2:50pm and 6:30pm on May 23